Friday, July 19, 2013

Easy Vegan Meatloaf Recipe?

vegan meatloaf recipes easy
 on Easy Italian Meatloaf Recipe Video by EasyRecipesWithTwist | ifood.tv
vegan meatloaf recipes easy image



fawnberrie


Does anyone have a recipe for vegan meatloaf that does not call for tofu?
Thanks Matt. Not exactly simple, haha, but it's vegan and it doesn't have tofu. :)



Answer
Buy some TVP (textured vegetable protein) most large grochery stores carry it. You can also get it at a health food store.

2 cups TVP
1 cup water
1 cup bbq sauce
1 table spoon corn starch
Wheat flour as needed

Mix water and bbq sauce and heat till almost boiling. Add TVP. Let stand for a few minutes. Add corn starch then a little flour until it make a nice ball. Put into a loaf pan and cook the same way you would a true meat loaf.

Anyone have any great vegetarian/vegan recipes?




Just right


I am going vegetarian. I am not yet sure what kind of vegetarian. I attempted this before and I lasted two weeks. I am trying again. I am starting out by cutting out red meat, which I rarely eat anyway. Then I will continue by cutting out white meat, and whatever else I decide to live without. Any great recipes for me anyone? :)
Please and thank you



Answer
It's important not to just cut out meat. You have to be thinking about beans, nuts, seeds, soy, eggs/dairy (if not going vegan) and ways to make those.

Try substituting beans for meat in your favourite recipes, eg black beans, partly mashed into a packet of the taco seasoning and water you'd add to ground beef for taco night. Try grating a portobello mushroom into tomato sauce instead of ground beef. I like tofu in stirfries instead of chicken (takes practice to have tofu taste other than bland - experiment!). I like making meatloaf with a can of white beans instead of meat - mash them and use your favourite meatloaf recipe from there...

Many meals can naturally be made vegetarian... load a pizza crust with tomato sauce and tons of veggies before baking, make a frittata for dinner, pasta with tomato sauce and vegetarian parmesan cheese (look for one with bacterial culture, not rennet)...

Lunch and breakfast are easy... most of my friends don't know I'm veg when they see me eating pj or cheese sandwiches for lunch! Many breakfast cereals are higher in protein, eg. kashi/Vector.

Tastespotting.com is a round-up of many food blogs from around the world. They have a search term, eg veggie burger, and frequently feature vegetarian/vegan menu items for when you're looking for something new.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment