Thursday, May 22, 2014

I need vegan and vegetarian meatloaf recipes?




miladybc


belong to a new Yahoo group that collects these recipes and think that here on Yahoo Answers it be a great opportunity to get input on international recipes as well as domestic ones. Please don't quote me websites, I want to see your Mother or Grandmother's recipes or even one you made up of this meaty dish! (I've even heard there's recipes for vegetarian meatloaf!)

If you don 't cook, perhaps you can tell me what restaurant or eatery you went to that served the best ... or worse. Are there places that serve vegan/vegetarian meatloaf? Where?

Come join us and chat with other meatloaf fanatics - go to MeatloafLoversIntl-subscribe@yahoogroups



Answer
Go to www.vegcooking.com.

Search for a recipe called "Mama's Mock Meatloaf". It's superb!

When I was an omnivore I *hated* meatloaf. I tried this and I love it (go figure!). It's the perfect comfort food dish. I prepare it with a baked sweet potato and fresh steamed broccoli. Excellent combo! (and pretty colors on the plate)

Vegan Meatloaf Recipe?




Tracy


Does anyone have one? And what would it go good with?


Answer
My favorite:

Thanksgiving "Meat" Loaf
(Egg substitute) Mix together 1 T arrowroot powder, 1 T corn starch, and 4 T water
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 box medium firm silken tofu
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 packet vegan dried onion soup mix
1 teaspoon oil
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
2/4 cup chopped celery
2 cups chopped mushrooms
1 1/2 teaspoon each of oregano and basil
1/2 teaspoon sage
3/4 cup bread crumbs
1 cup of instant mashed potato flakes

Directions:

Mix egg substitute, soy sauce, tofu & onion soup mix together in blender. Add walnuts & blend until smooth.
Saute vegetables until onions are transparent. Add herbs/spices while vegetables are frying.
Mix blender ingredients, cooked vegetables, bread crumbs and potato flakes together in a large bowl.
Press into a greased loaf pan.
Bake at 350 degrees F. for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let cool slightly. Turn loaf out and slice.

I generally serve this with mashed potatoes, brown gravy, and rolls.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment