Saturday, September 21, 2013

Parents- I need ideas for make ahead food?

vegetarian recipes meatless meatloaf
 on ... meatless baked loaf. This page contains vegetarian meatloaf recipes
vegetarian recipes meatless meatloaf image



Mom to 2 b


I will be having a c-section in a few weeks and my husband will not be able to stay home and help as long as he did last time. He will only be able to take off work maybe 3-4 days. So I plan to make some casseroles and what not to put in the freezer so I don't have to worry about cooking. I would like recipes for things I can make ahead. I found a couple recipes I plan to use and I was thinking of making a big pot of veggie soup and putting it in multiple bowls in the freezer. What are some other things I can do so we're not eating the same thing every day and I don't have much to do other than heating the food? Thanks in advance!
I love crepes! I had no idea that those froze well.



Answer
I highly recommend a crock pot. You can make a beef roast with carrots, potatoes in the crock pot one morning, you won't have to do anything but put it in the crock pot, and then eat a freshly prepared meal later that evening. Keep your leftovers for roast beef sandwiches, hash and making beef vegetable soup.

You can do a lot of different meats and even vegetarian meals in the crock pot.

Baked spaghetti: make it now, layer it, freeze it and then reheat. The best thing is you can add extra veggies in the sauce or you can even make it meatless if that is your thing.

Lasagna: Buy the Stouffers frozen lasagna it is really a lot cheaper than making your own and it is really pretty good.

Broccoli casserole with ham: make your broccoli casserole as you normally would, add ham for a complete meal... freeze and reheat

frozen pizza-- or delivery!

I don't make a lot of stuff ahead of time, but here are some easy ideas:

baked potatoes (have the stuff for topping it on hand) and you can make bacon to top if your husband has to have a meat

meatloaf-- you can freeze a meatloaf, you mix the ingredients form the loaf, but do not cook it.. then freeze and you can bake when you are ready. look up the basic meatloaf by paula deen super easy and about the best meatloaf I have had

chili (can be frozen too): have chili tonight, and chili dogs tomorrow night

potato soup ( yep it can be frozen too)

cook a small ham (yep it can be frozen!). I prefer to buy a small boneless ham from the Honeybaked Ham shoppe... separate into meal servings and freeze. use the ham as toppings for salads, additions to soups, potatoes, to make sandwiches, or fry up and have ham and eggs for a meal.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment