Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Does anybody have any good Veggie Meatloaf recipes?

veggie meatloaf recipes
 on vegetarian meatloaf sauce recipe on vegetarian meatloaf sauce recipe ...
veggie meatloaf recipes image



Distorted


I don't like anything fancy, just a simple meatloaf. I really like Morning Star's Veggie Crumbles, so I'd prefer to use that. And I don't want to spend a long time cooking it. Thanks.


Answer
I grate carrots, turnips, potato's, and then fine chop my onions and celery in a food processor, saute it all in a bit of oil, cool the mix, then add some TVP or Soya crumbs, chickpea flour, seasonings, tomato paste or organic ketchup, now I use liquid egg white but that is an option, you can use veggie broth, then I spray a piece of foil with veg oil or PAM, and mold it round in the foil roll the ends and bake it for 35-40 minutes at 350 d F, then unroll it and glaze it with a ketchup or BBQ sauce for 15 minutes, let it go for 10 more minutes, the let it sit for 5 minute before I slice it, I serve it with mashed potato's, veg and sometimes make a mushroom gravy with a tin of mushrooms and thicken it with cornstarch or flour slurry, adding some spices and herbs to flavour it, a bit of soya sauce to darken it to look like meat gravy.

what is your best classic meatloaf recipe?




obladiobla


Hello Everyone. So I am craving meatloaf tonight. I've never made it, but I have eaten it and love it. I will be using turkey, turkey because I don't like red meat, and every recipe I find for Turkey meatloaf is all healthy eating stuff. I simply just want a classic DELICIOUS meatloaf recipe.I will be cooking for my nieces and nephew, so I will be sneaking in some veggies. thanks all. ; )

ps. I am serving this with mashed potatoes and spinach. yummmmmm.



Answer
Meatloaf is one of those things you can add to...so be creative (if you want)! This is my favorite recipe:

Ingredients
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 cup chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 package Ground Turkey
1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1 egg
3/4 cup ketchup, divided
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper


Directions
Heat oven to 350ºF. Melt butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer mixture to a large bowl; cool 5 minutes.

Add turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, 1/4 cup ketchup, Worcestershire, salt and pepper to onion mixture; mix well. Pack into an 8- x 4-inch loaf pan. Spread remaining 1/2 cup ketchup over top. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until no longer pink in center and internal temperature of loaf reaches 165ºF. Let stand at room temperature 5 minutes before slicing.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment