Sunday, October 13, 2013

Homemade version of Morningstar Farms Grillers Crumbles?

vegan meatloaf recipe tvp
 on Best Ever Vegan Mini Meatloaf
vegan meatloaf recipe tvp image



Alba


Where I live they don't sell any of these commercial meat substitutes, so I'd like to know if I can make these or something alike with TVP or Seitan or something like that? A lot of recipes call for them and I'm not sure substituting them just for rehydrated TVP would work :/ Thanks in advance!


Answer
I make a vegan meatloaf with TVP, soya flour, ground mushrooms and eggplant, I have used the leftovers for veggie sloppy joe's, chili, spaghetti sauce, even Mexican taco base, mix it and cook it like if you were ground meat, I always brown my TVP with oil and the fine chopped onions before I do any dish, it adds flavour and texture, I buy a product here in Canada called Soya Chunks, they come either round, oval or flat like slices of meat, I have used them broken up for the same dishes, I mix 2 cups of TVP with 1 cup of soya flour, 1 pound of ground button mushrooms and a small finely chopped eggplant, season it and I use veggie broth/veg oil to moisten, I press this in a greased cookie sheet and bake it for 30 minutes, then cool it, I have even used it for a veggie chicken parmesan with a breading and the tomato sauce and cheese garnish, I some times use soya cheese or regular mozzarella.

Easy Vegan Meatloaf Recipe?




fawnberrie


Does anyone have a recipe for vegan meatloaf that does not call for tofu?
Thanks Matt. Not exactly simple, haha, but it's vegan and it doesn't have tofu. :)



Answer
Buy some TVP (textured vegetable protein) most large grochery stores carry it. You can also get it at a health food store.

2 cups TVP
1 cup water
1 cup bbq sauce
1 table spoon corn starch
Wheat flour as needed

Mix water and bbq sauce and heat till almost boiling. Add TVP. Let stand for a few minutes. Add corn starch then a little flour until it make a nice ball. Put into a loaf pan and cook the same way you would a true meat loaf.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment