Friday, October 18, 2013

Does anyone out there have a good meatloaf recipe ?

veggie meatloaf recipes
 on Gluten Free Vegetarian: Red Lentil un-Meatloaf Recipe | Book of Yum
veggie meatloaf recipes image



fitzm3


I am just trying to find a good meatloaf recipe. Thank's !!


Answer
you sre going to get all kinds of recipes try this one once and you'll be sold...
Bucking Horse #6 from the Marlboro Country cookbook
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 each, celery rib and carrot, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 lbs. lean ground beef
1 lb. each, lean ground pork and veal
1 cup fresh bread crumbs
1/2 cup milk
3 eggs
1/3 to 1/2 cup chopped parsly
1/2 cup Ketchup
In a heavy skillet cook first 4 ingredents till soft
stir in next 3 ingredents, remove from heat and cool.
In large bowl combine meats, cooked veggies, bread crumbs soaked in milk, eggs and parsley. Mix well. In shallow pan shape into 2 loaves. Bake 350 for 1 hour, spoon ketchup over loaves and bake 30 mins. or until meat thermometer reads 155. 10-12 servings. (I have cooked this with only pork and burger, I subbed more pork for the veal, someday I will try it with the veal)

Does anybody have any good Veggie Meatloaf recipes?




Distorted


I don't like anything fancy, just a simple meatloaf. I really like Morning Star's Veggie Crumbles, so I'd prefer to use that. And I don't want to spend a long time cooking it. Thanks.


Answer
I grate carrots, turnips, potato's, and then fine chop my onions and celery in a food processor, saute it all in a bit of oil, cool the mix, then add some TVP or Soya crumbs, chickpea flour, seasonings, tomato paste or organic ketchup, now I use liquid egg white but that is an option, you can use veggie broth, then I spray a piece of foil with veg oil or PAM, and mold it round in the foil roll the ends and bake it for 35-40 minutes at 350 d F, then unroll it and glaze it with a ketchup or BBQ sauce for 15 minutes, let it go for 10 more minutes, the let it sit for 5 minute before I slice it, I serve it with mashed potato's, veg and sometimes make a mushroom gravy with a tin of mushrooms and thicken it with cornstarch or flour slurry, adding some spices and herbs to flavour it, a bit of soya sauce to darken it to look like meat gravy.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment