Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Have you ever been to a vegetarian potluck?

vegetarian meatloaf all recipes
 on all recipes vegetarian meatloaf with vegetables on Vegetable loaf
vegetarian meatloaf all recipes image



Daughter o


Did you just love it? Was it at an SDA church?

Yes, I've been to an Adventist potluck and they are almost always with very very few exception vegetarian! SDA ladies know how to cook really good! Yes, I love vegetarian potlucks! Although I am not a vegetarian, I sure love vegetarian potlucks over the ones that serve meat!



Answer
I am an SDA also and have enjoyed / cooked for many vegetarian potlucks. Unlike traditional potlucks and family reunions where fried chicken, sloppy joes and meatloaf are the staples. I know there are many veggie cooks that use meat substitutes but I don't recall seeing many at our potlucks. However, the one exception is Special K loaf with carmelized onion gravy - yum yum.

One of the ladies makes the absolute best stuffed shells with tofu, fresh chopped spinach and homemade tomato sauce. Most of the ladies at my church are excellent cooks and I always look forward to the next potluck. It also gives me an excuse to try new recipes.

Do you have a recipe for homemade meatloaf?




Roxas of O


I want to try different varieties of meatloaf, but something of the originality. I don't want anything that is too spicy (and I know some people like to put some hot spices into foods). Any kinds of recipe's for meatloaf is okay, but please make it easy and simple.


Answer
First of all, I'm a vegetarian. Okay, I eat fish, but so what! If I were to start eating meat again (which, after 15 years, is unlikely), there are two places I'd start: a Monte Cristo sandwich (frikkin divine--with mango chutney or honey!) and the meatloaf my mom used to make.

Actually, it was late in entering our family meal repertoire, and it was courtesy of the soup mix from Lipton.

I'm sure the Alton Brown recipe is fantastic. Haven't tried it, as Alton was probably still trying to be a cameraman when I last ate meat, but if you want to try the Lipton one (which looks dang easy), check the link below. I'm including a second link, which, according to a person who lost the Lipton recipe, is the first one he/she's liked since. Good luck.

Oh yeah, and stop eating that wicked meat. Unless you REALLY like it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment