Saturday, May 10, 2014

Do you have any vegan weight watcher recipes?




Becky S


i wanna know the points


Answer
I don't know about recipies necessarilly, but the smartlife sausage tubes are really low in points. My boyfriend used a tube of that and a tube of the smartlife ground beef along with a block of vegan cheddar cheese (the brand name escapes me right now, but they sell it at whole foods) and some ketchup to make a pan of vegan meatloaf that was 15 points for the entire thing.

What is a good egg replacement when cooking vegan TVP burger patties? any recipes?




dolcezza20


I am just starting to cook with TVP granules and really would like to make some burger patties.
TVP - Texturized Vegetable Protein...



Answer
I am a former chef and when I make mine with TVP, I generally puree some of the veg in the food processor add some chickpeas and chickpea flour, even a bit of tahini sesame paste, available at Health food stores or any Indian market, even some whole wheat flour.

Also, at the health food store there is a protien powder made from veggies, it is a good binder for burger, veggie meatballs for spaghetti sauce and a meatloaf made with TVP, I use it at least once a week, and it is great in a veg chili too.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment