Sunday, May 4, 2014

Fun & Unique Ground Beef Recipes?




Shamaii


Okay, let me start off by saying I love to cook.
But things like Spaghetti and Meatballs, Meatloaf, Chili, we have that all the time.
That bores me.
I have 1 basic package of ground beef. (I'm not exactly sure how many pounds that is)
I'm basically open to anything, but since it's about 3:30 where I am now, it has to be done by 7:30 at the latest.
I'd appreciate recipes with basic ingredients, but if I have to run out to the grocery store, I will.
It has to be able to feed 3 adults and 2 teenagers.
So if you could find something like that, it would be very helpful.
No one is allergic to anything, or has any vegetarian/vegan rules.
Myself, I'm 13.
So I need something that's not too hard, but not too easy either.
I've been cooking for a long while, so I know the basics.
Plus I like a challenge.
You can post the recipe down below, just be sure to post the ingredients and process too, or else I can't really use it.
Or you could give me a website(s) with recipes.
Just make sure it's something unique and fun, not something basic.
When I cook, I like to make it special and different.
Well, thanks for all your help. xx



Answer
MANICOTTI :
(This is incredibly easy....)

-- Saute' onions and garlic in oil until translucent. Add about a pound of ground beef and ground pepper. Cook till meat is done. Drain. Allow to cool.
-- Mix with ricotta cheese (or half ricotta and half cottage cheese). Stuff into the shells. Place the shells in a greased baking dish.
-- Cover with Spaghetti Sauce (home-made or canned). Cover with Parmesan and/or Mozzerella. Can use romano cheese as well.
-- Bake at 350 F until the cheese is browned and the sauce is bubbling --- probably 30-45 minutes.

~~
ALSO, the recipes on this page all look interesting and i suppose taste equally good!!.... (tried a couple myself... ;)))
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090524111914AAdsJ4j&pa=FZB6NXXtFWMW0cLWwOsc80K4IXhT50ZJHJMKeOMcl.xGXDDQ0.o-&paid=add_watch

~~

Vegetarian snacks easily portable in a cooler. Need ideas please! I am going on a trip this weekend.?




lissabeth


There are 3 couples taking a weekend trip. 2 of them are riding their Harleys there, we are trailering ours due to no saddle bags. One of the women is a vegetarian, and I would like to get a few ideas for snacks or easy dishes.
We have a rented cabin with a kitchen, but one never knows what kind of utensils or dishes will be available and we really don't know what we will find to shop for. I will be taking a cooler and I thought about taking ingredients for stuffed mushrooms or stuffed cherry tomatoes. I would mix the (stuffings) before I leave then it would be easy to get them ready upon arrival.



Answer
Some good snacks for the road are dried fruit, trail mix, primal strips (vegan jerky), and/or granola...plus I found some ideas for dinner. A vegan meat loaf can be mixed ahead of time...the recipe is below:

Vegan Meatloaf
Adapted from a recipe in The Joy of Cooking, 1997 Edition
1 14oz. package GimmeLean
3/4 cup finely chopped onions
1/2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
1/3 cup ketchup
1/3 cup finely chopped parsley
1/2 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
3 tbsp applesauce
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp all-purpose white flour

Mix all ingredients together in a big bowl with your hands until they just come together. Joy of Cooking warns you not to overmix, though I can't imagine anything too terrible could happen if you did.

Put in a lightly oiled loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes.

The site where the recipe came from also has some assorted recipes that may be helpful in sparking some ideas that you can run past your vegetarian friend who will be traveling with you.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment