Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Does anyone know a really good vegetarian meatloaf recipe?




sfc<3


i want to make one but i cant find a recipe that looks good... i don't want anything that looks unappetizing.


Answer
If you have ever worked with Textured Vegetable Protein (TVP), you can use this as a substitute in any ground beef recipes, or you can use the fake meat crumbles from morningstar or Boca. I prefer TVP because it's just straight up vegetable protein and not "fake meat" and it's all natural, has a really great texture, it's easy to use and it's really cheap. The only thing is that you have to get it at a natural food store. If you live by a Whole Foods, you can get it in bulk. It comes dry and you just boil some water and watever other flavors you want (spices, soy sauce, etc) then throw in the TVP and simmer it on low until it's absorbed all the water.

I'm in the process of writing a cookbook right now that has tons of TVP recipes!

I need vegan and vegetarian meatloaf recipes?




miladybc


belong to a new Yahoo group that collects these recipes and think that here on Yahoo Answers it be a great opportunity to get input on international recipes as well as domestic ones. Please don't quote me websites, I want to see your Mother or Grandmother's recipes or even one you made up of this meaty dish! (I've even heard there's recipes for vegetarian meatloaf!)

If you don 't cook, perhaps you can tell me what restaurant or eatery you went to that served the best ... or worse. Are there places that serve vegan/vegetarian meatloaf? Where?

Come join us and chat with other meatloaf fanatics - go to MeatloafLoversIntl-subscribe@yahoogroups



Answer
Go to www.vegcooking.com.

Search for a recipe called "Mama's Mock Meatloaf". It's superb!

When I was an omnivore I *hated* meatloaf. I tried this and I love it (go figure!). It's the perfect comfort food dish. I prepare it with a baked sweet potato and fresh steamed broccoli. Excellent combo! (and pretty colors on the plate)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment