Thursday, June 19, 2014

Does anyone have a recipe for turkey meatloaf that does not call for eggs?




Jo Jo


I'm on a special diet and cannot eat dairy (including eggs), tomatoes, or really any processed food. I have a hankering for some veggie turkey meatloaf and am looking for a recipe with no eggs. Will oil work?
Thanks!



Answer
Turkey Meatloaf

1 medium onion, quartered
2 carrots, each cut in 2 or 3 pieces
2 stalks celery, each cut in 2 or 3 pieces
1 handful spinach, washed
3/4 pound ground turkey breast
3/4 pound ground turkey thigh meat
1 cup cooked quinoa
2 teaspoons dried thyme
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon ground sage
1 teaspoon sea salt
4 tablespoons organic ketchup, plus more for brushing


1. Combine onion, carrots, and celery in a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped (do not purée).
Transfer to a large bowl.

2. Preheat oven to 375°.
Place spinach in food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
Add to onion mixture.
Add remaining ingredients to bowl and mix with your fingers.
Form into a large loaf and transfer to a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
Brush with additional ketchup.

Bake for about 1 hour, until a meat thermometer reads 165°.
Cool 5 minutes before slicing.

what is your best classic meatloaf recipe?




obladiobla


Hello Everyone. So I am craving meatloaf tonight. I've never made it, but I have eaten it and love it. I will be using turkey, turkey because I don't like red meat, and every recipe I find for Turkey meatloaf is all healthy eating stuff. I simply just want a classic DELICIOUS meatloaf recipe.I will be cooking for my nieces and nephew, so I will be sneaking in some veggies. thanks all. ; )

ps. I am serving this with mashed potatoes and spinach. yummmmmm.



Answer
Meatloaf is one of those things you can add to...so be creative (if you want)! This is my favorite recipe:

Ingredients
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 cup chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 package Ground Turkey
1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1 egg
3/4 cup ketchup, divided
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper


Directions
Heat oven to 350ºF. Melt butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer mixture to a large bowl; cool 5 minutes.

Add turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, 1/4 cup ketchup, Worcestershire, salt and pepper to onion mixture; mix well. Pack into an 8- x 4-inch loaf pan. Spread remaining 1/2 cup ketchup over top. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until no longer pink in center and internal temperature of loaf reaches 165ºF. Let stand at room temperature 5 minutes before slicing.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment