Saturday, June 22, 2013

I need a recipe for meat loaf that doesnt include eggs can anybody help?

all recipes vegetarian meatloaf with vegetables
 on ... turkey and veggie meatloaf packs a lot of flavor...and a little kick
all recipes vegetarian meatloaf with vegetables image



me45404





Answer
Eggless meat loaf recipe

2 pounds ground beef (or 1 pound each ground turkey and ground beef)
2-3/4 cups fresh bread cubes (about 3 slices)
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons parsley or Mortonâs Natureâs Seasoning spice blend
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon basil
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup milk
1 can vegetarian vegetable soup, mashed
Swiss cheese

Topping:

1/4 cup ketchup
2 tablespoon mustard
1/4 cup brown sugar

Mix together all meatloaf ingredients except cheese. Shape into eight to 10 balls or loaves. Cut a cube of Swiss cheese (about 3/4 inch square) for each loaf and press into the center of each loaf. Bake loaves at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. Then, mix together topping ingredients and put over the top of loaves and bake 10 to 15 minutes longer.

Unbaked loaves freeze well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What foods are really good for you?




Kelly


I want to eat healthy all the time now, but i want to know some good but healthy foods I can eat, instead of junk food. I love sweets and I need something healthy to replace that. I'm only giving up junk food and I'm also going to try to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. Thank you! <3


Answer
*Fish of any kind...broiled or baked (any way but fried), especially salmon, tuna, etc...My personal favorite is tilapia. Season with something like Ms.Dash, cayenne pepper, etc.

* I personally don't eat beef (I don't like the taste), and it's also an added benefit that in general turkey is healthier. To add, it's not that you should never eat beef, it's that you should try to cut back on it if you do eat it and replace with ground turkey. So when I do eat things that normally use beef like burgers, meatloaf, chili, etc, I just replace it with ground turkey. But in general, I probably eat more Morningstar Farm Grillers & Boca Burgers.(vegetarian burgers). You can buy them in bulk BJ's or Sam's Club or you can look up an easy recipe for black bean burgers online. The good thing about the mock veggie burgers, you not only get your protein, but you get some of your vegetable needs too.

*Eat lots of vegetables like kale, collards, swiss chard, spinach, carrots, cabbage, baked potatoes(to a minimum), cucumbers, cauliflower (cauliflower mock mashed potatoes are really easy & taste exactly like mashed potatoes to me) broccoli, peas, onions, sweet potatoes, etc...It really just depends on what you like.

The same goes for fruit, whatever you like...Apples, bananas, strawberries, plums, grapes, mangoes, peaches, etc.

*Salads-Add things like beans, chicken, eggs, avocado, or canned tuna, for protein; & sprouts, tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, corn, mandarin oranges, pineapple, apples, nuts, etc...Basically, you can add any fruit or vegetable you like. Just remember to keep your salad dressing healthy & try to make it a well-rounded salad/meal. Just google 'how to make a healthy salad' or 'what vegetables to add to salad', or something similar. I also love spinach salads & fruit salads. You can look up recipes online & tweak them to fit your own personal preference. Watch out for the heavy dressings. For instance, when I'm tired, I just make a spinach salad with walnuts, spinach, and strawberries & my dressing of choice instead of following a recipe.

It goes without saying to eat whole grains such as brown rice & wheat bread. I also eat low-fat cottage cheese (I don't dislike it, but for some reason, I can't just eat it plain, I have to mix it with peanut butter and honey, but you can eat it however you prefer). & I also drink lots of herbal teas, only sweetened with honey, but you can also use any type of natural sweetener you like.

To be honest, I have no problem eating really healthy, but I have a really bad sweet tooth, especially for chocolate, and nothing really combats that, not even dark chocolate, & the only thing I can recommend are granola bars, 100 calorie snack packs, skinny cow desserts, & lean cuisine desserts, all of which are still processed, but at the end of the day are still better than eating a 500 calorie dessert. Plus, you can look up a ton of low-fat, low-carb, low-calorie dessert recipes online...Basically, there's a ton of information you can find just browsing/researching online. Good luck.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment