Saturday, June 22, 2013

You think i should be a vegetarian?

best vegetarian meatloaf recipe ever
 on Home � mains � Crock Pot BEST Meatloaf EVER
best vegetarian meatloaf recipe ever image
Q. I have done i before but i lasted 2 weeks,
But i really want to be one because i love animals :( and i have just recently quit smoking so i wanna put my goal on something else,

could some one please write me out a guide to be one,

Or give me the url for a guide to take me through step by step,?

Giving best answer!


Answer
To me Loving animals is a Great Reason to be a vegetarian. It is not hard to be one and keep being one. First you must make a commitment to yourself that you not going to eat their bodies anymore even if you like how they taste. You are going to put their lives before your taste buds. I think loving animals and remembering that will keep you going. The first month is the hardest and only because you are used to eating animals. It is habit like anything else. Every day decide what you are having for breakfast . That is easy, Breakfast:cereal, oatmeal, toast,waffles, pancakes, english muffins, donuts, also mock breakfast meats as veggie bacon , veggie patties etc.
Lunch: make a sandwich ( no meat), a bean burrito, bean taco, veggie wrap, humus, falafel on pita, salads, soups, use mock meats as veggie burgers, veggie dogs with beans, veggie sausage etc
Dinner: Pasta a zillion ways, marinara, with pesto, alfredo,prima vera, with beans, veggie lasagna, or have sauteed or roasted veggies over rice, a curry dish, use mock meats to make almost any "meat dish", stews, soups,casseroles, potatoes( fried, roasted, mashed, boiled), tamales, veggie meatballs, veggie meatloaf with mashed potatoes, Tofurkey with pecan cranberry,salads, and even veggie sloppy joes.
These are just a few ideas... eat fresh fruits as apples , bananas, berries and drink fruit juice as OJ fortified with calcium
snack on nuts as almonds, peanuts, cashews, ect
snack on raw veggies as baby carrots or celery ( and use salad dressing as a dip) , I eat lots of raw veggies as well as cooked ones
If you can begin to change to soy or almond milks(they all taste different so it will be trial and error) I like Regular unflavored Silk ( refrigerator section) and Almond breeze chocolate (not refrigerated)

Things to avoid anything with Gelatin, anything with L-Cysteine, Carmine, and Confectioners glaze( the last 2 are bug guts found in lots of candies), avoid any beef, chicken or animal broths in soups and many times in rice dishes, and in cheese make sure it says non animal rennet ( otherwise the cow is killed as animal rennet comes from their 4th stomach).
I would say start here and everyday think to yourself I will not eat an animal today. Soon you will not even think of ever eating one again because your heart is in it and the more you know, the more commited you will be. Do not panic if you make a mistake , just fix it for the next time and keep going.

Good luck and stick with it ( I read some of your other questions and I would say do not try to be a vegan yet, yes you can begin to buy non leather shoes and bags as what you have wears out, and use products not tested on animals, but do not put that much pressure on yourself all at once)

Please email me if I can help or answer questions about any products.
I also suggest you look over PETA's website and read all as well as
check out vegweb.com for recipes

One last thing Vegetarians do not eat any type of Fish ever including shellfish. Fish are living animals until they are killed and gutted for someone to eat them and absolutely not vegetarian. You probably know that, but some people are confused.

Vegan Forever

How do you jazz up your meatloaf?




Sea Kittre


I'm so looking forward to fall and filling my house with cooking smells again. Meatloaf is the classic fall dish to me. I'm curious, it seems like everybody's meatloaf recipe is unique and personal to them, what is your take on it?

I like to use fresh (not dried) bread crumbs and ritz crackers. I don't like to over egg it, or add milk. I always put in a good bit of Old Bay seasoning (it gives it a warm and spicy aroma).

For the topping I like to cut a fresh tomato into thick slices, arrange them over the top and bake them for 45 minutes until the tomatoes caramelize beautifully, then I spread a thin layer of ketchup over the top for the last 15 minutes. It makes a thick satisfying topping that stays put and tastes like tomato candy.

If I'm feeling super fancy I'll roll out the meat mixture and wrap a bar of cheddar, swiss, or muenster cheese in the middle with some roasted red peppers and spinach leaves... OM NOM NOM.
LoL I'm doing pretty good Abe. Isn't weird how much Meatloaf is starting to look like Ernest Borgnine?
(((JA)))

Awwwwww well I was a vegan for the last year and a half (I wasn't an ethical vegan, I was specifically targeting animal proteins for health reasons, so, for instance I couldn't eat eggs but I could jello...) until I was recently diagnosed with anemia. My doctor suggested I reintroduce meat to my diet to recover faster, and I have to say it's the perfect season for it, I'm really enjoying all of the possibilities.

Here's my basic recipe for vegan meatloaf if you'd like to try it. You can add your own spices and veggies:

I use a cup or two of textured vegetable protein, rehydrated in the microwave.

I pick apart a few slices of fresh bread and add a tablespoon or two of coconut oil (it's important for texture that you use an oil that solidifies as it cools, you can use crisco too, but it's so flavorless)

I mix those two ingredients with a handful of roughly chopped green olives (they have the exact texture of gristle) and a little olive juice



Answer
Well, darling, since the offspring's now a vegetarian and I no longer eat beef, I haven't made meatloaf in a very long time, but I used to soak dried breadcrumbs in milk and add some sauteed diced vegetables like onions, carrots, green peppers or broccoli stems, and mushrooms to the meat. I'd usually put a pretty substantial amount of sliced onion on top of the meatloaf - the offspring is very fond of onions - and I'd use generous measures of sage and thyme as my seasoning with salt and pepper, since they have a lovely autumnal fragrance. In my family, we use a minimally-seasoned tomato sauce (hot) rather than ketchup or a brown gravy, although I have used ketchup on top of the meatloaf as you describe.

My meatloaf - though good and a favorite of the offspring's - was never more than a patch on my mother's meatloaf. I pretty much follow the recipe she taught me, and I don't know what she does to it, but hers is just a whole different level of deliciousness than mine has ever achieved. On those rare occasions when he reminisces about his carnivorous days, the offspring gets nostalgic for her meatloaf, not mine.

(((SeaKittress)))




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment