Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Has anyone tried to take dairy out of their diet?

vegan meatloaf recipe soy free
 on Vegan Alfredo Sauce (Paleo, Soy-free & Nut-free)
vegan meatloaf recipe soy free image



Lee S


Ive recently tried to cut dairy and beef products out of me and my familys diet. All of the recipes i tried to substitute with soy milk or water have turned out horrible. Can anyone give me any tips this is really stressing my out!!!
The recipes I have tried to substitute are
Aunt Jemima, Vegan Beef by Morninside(to make Fajitas), Jiffy Corn Bread Mix, Yellow Cake Mix, Vegan Meatloaf(using the Mccormick meatloaf Packet). Please give me any tips to help my food taste better or at least so my family will like my new cooking



Answer
I cut meat and dairy from my diet about a year ago.

I think your approach (ie. buying vegan versions of pre-packaged meals) is what is putting you off.

In my experience, anytime a company tries to 'veganize' one of their products, they taste disgusting. What you need to do is try making vegan meals from scratch.

I know that cooking meals from scratch sounds intimidating and time-consuming, but I promise it is easier than you think, and your cooking will taste INFINITELY better than anything you buy from a shop. For example, tonight for dinner I'm doing a vegan shepherd's pie... just substitute some canned lentils instead of beef, add lots of veggies, mashed potato, and ditch the cheese - it's actually quicker and easier than a traditional shepherd's pie, and it tastes great!

Here are a couple of recipe collections I like to use:
http://vegweb.com/index.php?action=recipecategories
http://www.recipesforvegans.co.uk/recipeindex.html

You can also try googling your own dairy/ beef-free recipes, or checking some cookbooks out from the library. Have fun!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment