Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Looking for dinner ideas without cheese!?

vegan meatloaf recipe maker
 on Comfort food: Vegan (Not) Meat Loaf - Wednesday Food Blogging
vegan meatloaf recipe maker image



Dreah


My husband hates cheese, we are not vegan or vegitarian or lactose intolerant, he just doesn;'t like cheese. I'm planning meals and I'd like some new meals. He is pretty picky with what he eats, kid friendly recipes would work for him lol. The foods he likes that I make are meatloaf, chicken cutlets, pasta and meatballs, noodles with chop meat and gravy, and plain tacos with only the meat and taco shell. He loves bread, burgers, hot dogs, and rice. He seems content with the food he eats but I like different meals so I need some new dinner ideas that hopefully he will like and help me not get bored with our meals! I'm very open to any food but he is picky. I will be grateful for any idea.
Oh I'm sorry I forgot to add he hates seafood lol!



Answer
Beef cubed steaks, pork cutlets, salisbury steak, chicken pasta alfredo, chicken and rice casserole, chicken and noodles, beef stroganoff.

Does he eat any vegetables? Kids usually like green beans, corn, and mashed potatoes.

What does he order when you eat out? That could give you some ideas of different meals you could make.
________________________________________________

Beefy Potato Stroganoff

I made this dish when my kids were little. It didn't have a name in those days. My children and I called it Special Recipe. We loved it! Sometimes, I didn't have sour cream, sometimes I didn't have cheese. I made it anyway. It never failed to please! Years later, Hamburger Helper came out with Potato Stroganoff. It tasted so much like my Special Recipe, we were all sure someone had given my recipe to the makers of Hamburger Helper!

4 medium to large potatoes, peeled and sliced to 1/4-inch thick
1/2 medium sweet onion, chopped.
1 pound lean ground beef.
1 clove garlic, minced, or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 soup can milk.
1/2 cup low fat sour cream
Mrs.Dash Original Blend seasoning or salt & pepper

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Brown ground beef, garlic, and onion together in a skillet. Drain off fat. Set aside.

In a bowl, combine soup, milk, sour cream, and seasonings. Whisk until creamy and well blended and set aside.

Place half the potatoes in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Spread all the ground beef mixture on top of the potatoes, and then put the remaining potatoes on top of the beef. Pour the soup mixture evenly over the top.

Take a sheet of aluminum foil and spray one side with cooking spray. Cover the dish tightly with foil, sprayed side down. Bake 30 minutes, until casserole is bubbling and potatoes are tender.

This dish will serve four.

Since the oven was already hot, I usually made biscuits or garlic bread to go with this dish, and we often had peas and applesauce as side dishes.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment