Saturday, September 28, 2013

No one is excepting me becoming a vegetarian?

vegetarian meatloaf recipe boca
 on BOCA Recipe for barbecue style meatloaf | Vegan and Vegetarian ideas
vegetarian meatloaf recipe boca image



:)


I'm a 16 year old girl and a week ago I stopped eating meat for good, for many reasons. Everyone including my family think it's a complete joke, when I take it very seriously. My family on my dads side is complete white trash I swear, and all they do is make fun of my decision. A few of my friends make fun of me too, like Osucks for youuu no more chicken nuggets!" and they try to instigate me. My parents think it's a stage and have been purposly making all meat meals so I am forced to eat meat. So now I'm sitting here just eating french fries for dinner while my family pigs out on hamburgers. How can I get everyone to just grow up? It's really getting annoying especially when I'm a vegtarian for personal reasons, and people are just thinkin it's for attention. Please help!
Plus I never really liked meat anyways. The only sacrefice I'm really making is my philly steak and heese hot potckets and bacon :) I have always been forced to eat meat.



Answer
I know exactly what you are going thru! I grew up in the country and worked in cornfields as a preteen. One of these fields happened to be next to a slaughter house. I and a bus full of other kids and my sisters saw the animals and petted them thru the fence and watched them beat and electrocute a pig who fell off of the ramp. We saw rabbit carcasses hanging and the sheep and lamb bodies in the trash. I went home and never ate meat again. I was the only person on that bus who was affected in such a way. It was very hard growing up in a meat eating family and a meat eating community but when I felt weak such as ravioli or my grandma's meatloaf I would just think back to those poor animals. It helped when I found out about vegetarian web pages my favorite is VeggieBoards they have vegetarians and vegans there for all sorts of reasons whether its for health reasons, animal rights, the environment or people who just don't like to eat rotting flesh. They have really great come backs for people who tease or question your decision too! And there is no reason you can't have a burger too! There are SO many vegetarian options out there you can have a Boca burger with morning star bacon and then tell your family how their burgers are causing them cancer while your bacon cheeseburger is deliciously healthy! Here are some great veg recipes I found today http://www.vegcooking.com/mothersdaybrunch.asp?c=pfs




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment