Sunday, January 26, 2014

what is your best classic meatloaf recipe?

veggie meatloaf recipes
 on Vegetarian Meatloaf Recipes
veggie meatloaf recipes image



obladiobla


Hello Everyone. So I am craving meatloaf tonight. I've never made it, but I have eaten it and love it. I will be using turkey, turkey because I don't like red meat, and every recipe I find for Turkey meatloaf is all healthy eating stuff. I simply just want a classic DELICIOUS meatloaf recipe.I will be cooking for my nieces and nephew, so I will be sneaking in some veggies. thanks all. ; )

ps. I am serving this with mashed potatoes and spinach. yummmmmm.



Answer
Meatloaf is one of those things you can add to...so be creative (if you want)! This is my favorite recipe:

Ingredients
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 cup chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 package Ground Turkey
1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1 egg
3/4 cup ketchup, divided
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper


Directions
Heat oven to 350ºF. Melt butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer mixture to a large bowl; cool 5 minutes.

Add turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, 1/4 cup ketchup, Worcestershire, salt and pepper to onion mixture; mix well. Pack into an 8- x 4-inch loaf pan. Spread remaining 1/2 cup ketchup over top. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until no longer pink in center and internal temperature of loaf reaches 165ºF. Let stand at room temperature 5 minutes before slicing.

Anyone have a great tempeh meatloaf recipe?




Meeska


Does anyone have a great tempeh meatloaf recipe? I'd really like one that an Answer-er has tried and can vouch their opinion!


Answer
I cook with what I have, so sorry if my ingredient list is generic! This is for one package of tempeh.

Ingredients:
1 onion, diced
1 carrot, diced
2-3 garlic cloves
1 tomato or canned tomato
1 tsp each of of thyme and saffron. Turmeric for a kick, or generic paprika
bay leaf
Salt, pepper
Olive oil for sauteing
1/2 cup cooked (or leftover rice). Alternatively, lentils or other beans and 1 tbsp flour
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup each of soy sauce
1/4 cup veggie broth or water with bouillon
Any other veggies you want. I like spinach or mushroom.


Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350F. Make sure pan is large enough to fit all ingredients, haha.
1. Sauté onion, carrot, garlic, and tomato together in olive oil. Add at logical times.
2. Add thyme, bay leaf, turmeric, and saffron. Cook this in.
3. Crumble in tempeh.
4. Add soy sauce and veggie broth. Cook on medium until the right texture.
5. Mix bread crumbs and rice in with the mixture. Mix well so it keeps its shape! Pack in a greased bread pan.
6. Put your typical topping on top of loaf. Ketchup? Gravy?
7. Bake! Depending on your pan size and meatloaf quantity, it might be done between 20 and 30 minutes.

I normally hate tempeh, but I love this.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment