Monday, October 21, 2013

I need some new cheap dinner ideas?

vegetarian meatloaf recipes lentils
 on Lentil Loaf 2E
vegetarian meatloaf recipes lentils image



~addicted2


I mostly use chicken breasts, ground turkey, and pasta. Things like meatloaf and spaghetti and chicken tacos come up often. What are some easy favorites that can be done on a weeknight or in the Crockpot that are simple and cheap? All ideas are welcome. I love vegetarian recipes too


Answer
Turkey chili, chicken stir fry, turkey burgers, roasted chicken and vegetables with rice, chicken salad. Vegetarian-minestrone soup, red beans and rice, lentils cooked with vegetables and good bread.

What meals could I make using lentils apart from soups?




hannah





Answer
I have found two really good lentil recipes that I like a lot. One is for a vegetarian 'meatloaf' and the other is a broccoli lentil and rice casserole. There are many other recipes for lentil casseroles you can find on the internet. Indian dishes also often use lentils in curries, you can find these recipes by searching for Indian Daal recipes.
Lentils are also good for making veggie burgers or vegetarian sloppy joes.

Here is the link for the lentil loaf recipe:

http://www.food.com/recipe/really-good-vegetarian-meatloaf-really-33921

I usually add more tomato sauce than the recipe says. Sometimes I also sub the egg out with flaxseed (1TBS of ground flaxseed + 3 TBS of lukewarm water + mix until gooey= egg substitute for just about any recipe, including baking).
Also I like to spread ketchup over the top before I put it in the oven.

Here is the link for the casserole:

http://theliberalvegan.wordpress.com/2008/10/23/veganmofo-broccoli-lentil-casserole/

I am not vegan so I sometimes substitute parmesan or other cheese for the nutritional yeast and just use real butter. I've also made this recipe with asparagus instead of broccoli, or both together and it is very good. There are similar recipes on the internet but this is my favorite so far because it only takes one dish and is so easy to make, you don't have to precook anything, you just mix it all together and stick it in the oven.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment