Sunday, February 16, 2014

Does anybody have any good Veggie Meatloaf recipes?




Distorted


I don't like anything fancy, just a simple meatloaf. I really like Morning Star's Veggie Crumbles, so I'd prefer to use that. And I don't want to spend a long time cooking it. Thanks.


Answer
I grate carrots, turnips, potato's, and then fine chop my onions and celery in a food processor, saute it all in a bit of oil, cool the mix, then add some TVP or Soya crumbs, chickpea flour, seasonings, tomato paste or organic ketchup, now I use liquid egg white but that is an option, you can use veggie broth, then I spray a piece of foil with veg oil or PAM, and mold it round in the foil roll the ends and bake it for 35-40 minutes at 350 d F, then unroll it and glaze it with a ketchup or BBQ sauce for 15 minutes, let it go for 10 more minutes, the let it sit for 5 minute before I slice it, I serve it with mashed potato's, veg and sometimes make a mushroom gravy with a tin of mushrooms and thicken it with cornstarch or flour slurry, adding some spices and herbs to flavour it, a bit of soya sauce to darken it to look like meat gravy.

Do you have a great veggie meatloaf recipe?




Buzz Worth


It could be a meat substitute, or a lentil loaf, what have you. I'm looking for something that can be sliced and served hot next to mashed potatoes for dinner, and then be eaten cold between two slices of bread the next day. Preferably something with fragrant spices, tomatoes and onions.
Elise, you're right -- perhaps I should be asking for a "baked veggie loaf?" Who knows -- maybe I'm looking for something that doesn't exist.



Answer
It looks like you know what you want...why don't you go and make it? You can use a can of cooked beans (lentils or chickpeas), 1/3 cup chickpea flour (or mashed tofu), 1 onion chopped, your choice of spices and 1 tomato chopped.

Cook the onion, then add the spices and tomato, then mash it all with the beans. Shape this into patties and cook like you would a burger or meatloaf. Here's more good recipes:




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment