Monday, February 17, 2014

Meatloaf Recipe!?




JustinsWif


I am a new wife- and my husband loves meatloaf! I dont know how to cook it!! He says he loves his moms meatloaf- and every wife knows she secretly wants to do things better than his mom- no matter what it is!! So any suggestions on how to make the best meatloaf would be appreciated! I need to know temp of oven, how long to cook it for, etc...I have never made meatloaf before! Thanks!


Answer
I love meatloaf. Tha basics are ground meat basically beef but some people use turkey and you can mix in ground pork. Do not buy the leanest cut of beef you need the fat in there. Add a binder such as bread crumbs or oats which helps to keep the fat in there or it'll be dry a couple of eggs and salt and pepper. For every pound of meat you'll need a handfull of crumbs and 1 egg. For an Italian style loaf add Italian seasoning and add a cup or so of spaghetti sauce to the loaf and brush the top with it and add some Parmesan cheese to the loaf and put some on top. For Mexican you might add some salsa and use a chili powder mild or hot according to your tastes and a jack cheese or even pepper jack cheese. American style would include catsup and a bacon topper. You can create a stuffed loaf by shaping the meat in the pan like a bowl and place a layer of mashed potatoes a thin layer of meat some cooked veggies like peas and or carrots and then cap the loaf with meat. Coat with catsup or tomato sauce and bake. You can make an Asian version with teriyaki and pineapple the possibilites are endless. Check out Mom's version and ask her for her recipe ideas too.

what is your best classic meatloaf recipe?




obladiobla


Hello Everyone. So I am craving meatloaf tonight. I've never made it, but I have eaten it and love it. I will be using turkey, turkey because I don't like red meat, and every recipe I find for Turkey meatloaf is all healthy eating stuff. I simply just want a classic DELICIOUS meatloaf recipe.I will be cooking for my nieces and nephew, so I will be sneaking in some veggies. thanks all. ; )

ps. I am serving this with mashed potatoes and spinach. yummmmmm.



Answer
Meatloaf is one of those things you can add to...so be creative (if you want)! This is my favorite recipe:

Ingredients
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 cup chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 package Ground Turkey
1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1 egg
3/4 cup ketchup, divided
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper


Directions
Heat oven to 350ºF. Melt butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer mixture to a large bowl; cool 5 minutes.

Add turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, 1/4 cup ketchup, Worcestershire, salt and pepper to onion mixture; mix well. Pack into an 8- x 4-inch loaf pan. Spread remaining 1/2 cup ketchup over top. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until no longer pink in center and internal temperature of loaf reaches 165ºF. Let stand at room temperature 5 minutes before slicing.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment