Wednesday, March 5, 2014

does anyone have a good tasting vegetarian recipe for meatloaf? minus the meat of course.?




spacecadet





Answer
vegan Meatloaf
(via the Magical Loaf Studio)
1 medium onion, diced
1 large garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup carrot, peeled and grated
1/2 cup celery, diced
1 package Yves Veggie Ground Round
1 1/4 cup dry whole wheat bread crumbs (lightly toasted or slightly stale)
1/4 cup oatmeal, cooked with 1/2 cup water
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
2 tbsp ketchup
2-3 tsp vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
Black pepper, to taste
1 tsp salt

Preheat the oven to 350F. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Saute onion, garlic, carrots and celery in a large pan until tender, about 10 minutes on medium-high heat.
Combine vegetables, veggie meat, breadcrumbs, oatmeal and all spices in a large bowl and mix together. If it doesn't stick together easily, add a extra tbsp or two of dry breadcrumbs.
Turn mixture onto foil-covered pan and pat into a rectangular loaf about 2-in. high.
Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes until loaf is slightly firm to the touch.
Let cool for 15 minutes before slicing.
Serves 3-4.
Nic, 10:02 AM
Source(s):

Bakingsheet.com

Does anyone have a recipe for vegetarian "meatballs"?




Molly


My mom has this recipe for AWESOME meatballs and sauce. I recently stopped eating meat, but I do really miss that dish! It's even been christened "Molly Meatballs" after me, LOL. :)

So I was wondering, is there a recipe for "veg-balls" or something? (I was figuring I would just use the same sauce to coat them like in the original recipe.)

Thanks!



Answer
http://www.recipezaar.com/Vegetarian-meatballs-11028

Read the reviews for pointers. Here's what one reviewer said:

This is easily the best meat substitute recipe I've found. I altered the recipe a bit to make it more like an actual meatball recipe. The most helpful thing you can do is to grind up the walnuts in a food processor. Otherwise, your meatballs have a little too much crunch in them to pass for meat. Once you do that, take out a 1/4 cup of the cheddar cheese, and replace it with parmesan cheese. It also helps to add basil, oregano, parsley, garlic, and a little salt and pepper. Make you sure you keep turning the meatballs every few minutes as you brown them in the oven, or they will burn. Then, when finished browning, instead of pouring vegetable broth over them, throw them right into your pot of pasta sauce to finish cooking. These will look and taste like real meatballs. I've already had three meat-eaters tell me they could not tell the difference!! Highly recommended.

So many glowing reviews and so many people saying they couldn't tell the difference between this and meatballs.

Here's another:
Update: I have since made these for potluck dinners and NO ONE believes me when I tell them that they have no beef in them. My brother in law is a meat and potatoes kind of guy and declared to my sister that they were "the best meatballs he had ever had!" I decided to experiment a little and tried the mixture in a meatloaf...very tasty. My next experiment is to see if it can replace ground meat in tacos or chili

Wow!! I can't wait to try them myself!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment