Friday, March 7, 2014

What are the benifits of becoming a vegetarian???




theraptor


I am interested in becoming a vegetarian. It is health driven as well as cruelty toward animals driven. Are the health benifits worth giving up meat? Also any advice to giving up meat would be appreciated and how to handle family situations when the rest of family and friends eat meat would be appreciated!!!!


Answer
Oh my gosh, some people are so silly. You can have a healthy diet as a vegetarian just like you can have one as a meat eater. I'm not a vegetarian but I do have a few vegetarian recipes that I use and my meat eating family loves them.

Stay away from the processed "fake meats" though, those aren't healthy by any stretch of the imagination. You can do wonders with tofu, and I even make a meatloaf with cottage cheese that is suprisingly good. Here's a few I use if you'd like to try them.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cottage-Cheese-Roast/Detail.aspx
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Orange-Beef-Style-Tofu-Stir-Fry/Detail.aspx
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Tofu-Parmigiana/Detail.aspx

As for your family and friends, they'll get used to it eventually. My family freaked a bit when my sister went vegetarian but now everyone's used to it. Good luck to you!

Fun & Unique Ground Beef Recipes?




Shamaii


Okay, let me start off by saying I love to cook.
But things like Spaghetti and Meatballs, Meatloaf, Chili, we have that all the time.
That bores me.
I have 1 basic package of ground beef. (I'm not exactly sure how many pounds that is)
I'm basically open to anything, but since it's about 3:30 where I am now, it has to be done by 7:30 at the latest.
I'd appreciate recipes with basic ingredients, but if I have to run out to the grocery store, I will.
It has to be able to feed 3 adults and 2 teenagers.
So if you could find something like that, it would be very helpful.
No one is allergic to anything, or has any vegetarian/vegan rules.
Myself, I'm 13.
So I need something that's not too hard, but not too easy either.
I've been cooking for a long while, so I know the basics.
Plus I like a challenge.
You can post the recipe down below, just be sure to post the ingredients and process too, or else I can't really use it.
Or you could give me a website(s) with recipes.
Just make sure it's something unique and fun, not something basic.
When I cook, I like to make it special and different.
Well, thanks for all your help. xx



Answer
MANICOTTI :
(This is incredibly easy....)

-- Saute' onions and garlic in oil until translucent. Add about a pound of ground beef and ground pepper. Cook till meat is done. Drain. Allow to cool.
-- Mix with ricotta cheese (or half ricotta and half cottage cheese). Stuff into the shells. Place the shells in a greased baking dish.
-- Cover with Spaghetti Sauce (home-made or canned). Cover with Parmesan and/or Mozzerella. Can use romano cheese as well.
-- Bake at 350 F until the cheese is browned and the sauce is bubbling --- probably 30-45 minutes.

~~
ALSO, the recipes on this page all look interesting and i suppose taste equally good!!.... (tried a couple myself... ;)))
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090524111914AAdsJ4j&pa=FZB6NXXtFWMW0cLWwOsc80K4IXhT50ZJHJMKeOMcl.xGXDDQ0.o-&paid=add_watch

~~




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment