Monday, January 20, 2014

What Vegetarian Meat substitutes actually taste like meat?

vegetarian mushroom meatloaf recipes
 on Italian Meatloaf Recipe |
vegetarian mushroom meatloaf recipes image



Adrianna C


My girlfriend is trying to eat less meat and I found a recipie for vegetarian lasagna, but it calls for meat substitute. Does this actually taste like meat?


Answer
Umm no, she does mean girlfriend. I don't know if you've heard, but some girls like girls. =P

I've never found a meat substitute that tasted exactly like meat, but I have had some that are so good that you don't miss the meat. I crumble tempeh into my vegan chili and it provides the meaty texture and comes out delicious. I fill lasagna with mushrooms and eggplant. I maake meatloaf with a blend of blak beans, lentils, and rye. I've heard that seitan also works very well in meat-centered recipes, such as vegan cheese steaks. I've never tried it because I am sensitive to gluten, but I've heard it's very good and meaty.

Anyone have any simple meat recipes?




Iris


I'm a vegetarian college student who happens to be dating a meat-loving guy. My guy deserves to be cooked a lovely meal because he is super amazing! Sometimes he cooks for me and when I sometimes cook for him they're vegetarian dishes because I have never cooked meat. So, what are some easy, budget friendly beef, chicken, pork recipes? Thanks!


Answer
this recipe for souper saucy meatloaf is good and easy, it makes a gravy to serve over the meatloaf.
1 1/2 pound of ground beef
a can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup of onion finely chopped
1 cup of bread crumbs, (just toast 2 slices of bread and chop up in small cubes)
1 egg slightly beaten
1/2 tsp salt
generous dash of pepper
1/4 cup of water

mix the beef, onion, bread cumbs, 1/2 can of soup, egg salt and pepper
form into a loaf, place in baking dish and bake at 350 for 1 hour and 15 minutes,

after the meatloaf is done, blend the remaining soup with 2-3 tablespoons of drippings from the meatloaf pan and heat;

slice meatloaf and serve gravy over top.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment