Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Does anyone out there have a good meatloaf recipe ?

veggie meatloaf recipes
 on Best-Ever Meatloaf |
veggie meatloaf recipes image



fitzm3


I am just trying to find a good meatloaf recipe. Thank's !!


Answer
you sre going to get all kinds of recipes try this one once and you'll be sold...
Bucking Horse #6 from the Marlboro Country cookbook
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 each, celery rib and carrot, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 lbs. lean ground beef
1 lb. each, lean ground pork and veal
1 cup fresh bread crumbs
1/2 cup milk
3 eggs
1/3 to 1/2 cup chopped parsly
1/2 cup Ketchup
In a heavy skillet cook first 4 ingredents till soft
stir in next 3 ingredents, remove from heat and cool.
In large bowl combine meats, cooked veggies, bread crumbs soaked in milk, eggs and parsley. Mix well. In shallow pan shape into 2 loaves. Bake 350 for 1 hour, spoon ketchup over loaves and bake 30 mins. or until meat thermometer reads 155. 10-12 servings. (I have cooked this with only pork and burger, I subbed more pork for the veal, someday I will try it with the veal)

Hello everyone, I am a huge fan of meatloaf. I need more recipes, can anyone help?




Earthchild


I do have my very own recipe of meatloaf. Which I call it ''Garden Meatloaf''. But that's the only recipe I have so far. I wish to have more meatloaf recipes. Do you guys have some good recipes to share with me?? Also, for those of you who are Vegetarian or Vegan, do you have a ''meatloaf'' recipe you can share with me please? I have family members that are Vegetarian. I have my own recipe book and wish to expand it some more:)
Thank you so much everyone for their recipes. Are there are any vegetarians or vegans who are willing to share their recipes for me?
Meant to say ..'' share their recipes with me?" Lol



Answer
Soak a piece of bread in milk till soft in big bowl. Add an egg, equal parts ground beef and ground pork, salt, pepper, minced onion, minced garlic, chopped fresh parsley, chopped fresh basil, freshly grated parmesan cheese, hot pepper if you likr spice, minced roasted sweet red pepper, and Worstershire sauce. Mix it all together. Press half of mixture into loaf pan. Press in a layer if fresh mozerella cheese, then the rest of the loaf mixture. Bake about an hour @ 350. I make meatballs using same recipe- I just wrap mix around cubes of fresh mozerella. So good with spaghetti. I make this using venison instead of beef- I don't use a loaf pan, I use a baking sheet and wrap raw bacon around the loaf. I didn't provide measurements because I never measure but compare to other meatloaf recipes and undoubtably you'll figure it out. This and some whole grain pasta tossed with fresh herbs, olice oil/butter mix and fresh grated parm is a big satisfying meal when you add a big salad or steamed veggies.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment