Thursday, July 4, 2013

A ? for Vegetarians!?

vegetarian meatloaf recipe tvp
 on ... Kitchen/ 21st Century Table: A GOOD MEATLESS LOAF (AND GLUTEN-FREE
vegetarian meatloaf recipe tvp image



St


How do you make meatloaf out of TVP? What else do you do with TVP? I'm getting bored with my recipes...


Answer
i am a vegetarian for 3 years and i am not stopping!!! dont listen to the negitive people, they are fat and have poor skin complection!!! 2% of vegetarians are over weight- 55% of america is obese- any getting a hint???
oh sorry i got off subject boca meatless products are great the grond boca meat is great in meat loaf

Help with a healthy vegetarian diet (life diet not lose weight diet)?




kadmarco


On new years I officially became a vegetarian. Everything was fine and I didn't face any cravings (I'm not much of a meat eater). But I saw that my diet has been reduced to a lot of carbs and cheese's.
I can't eat lettuce, raw tomatoes, or anything that could be found in a salad. I cant eat cauliflower, melons, or apples. It's a stomach condition...

That makes having a vegetarian lifestyle hard!!! I've been enjoying my food but I've been eating rice, pizza, spinach, a lot of home cooked Mexican food, and most of my meals contain a lot of cheese in them.
Help. I've been feeling a weaker lately and I think it's because of my poor diet. I'm going grocery shopping tonight. Any suggestions.



Answer
Hi , Even with your stomach condition it sounds like you can still eat lots of vegetarian food and eat healthier . You just need some ideas .

You can cut down the cheese when cooking Mexican food by adding Avocado (a very healthy fat) , how about cooked tomato " stewed " or diced and cooked ? ,

You can also make a Fajita out of sauteed veggies ..some choices to add are peppers, onions, and squash .

You can make veggie slopppy Joe's by simply substituting veggie meat .

How about veggie sausage and peppers on or with Italian bread ?

My mom makes awesome Vegan meatballs using TVP (texturized vegetable protein) instead of meat ..She also makes Vegan meatloaf this same way ..served with mashed potatoes .

Stuff peppers with a rice and veggie meat

Stuff Mushrooms with breadcrumbs and a bit veggie cheese.

There are lots of veggie meats today .. you can make sandwiches with veggie bacon , veggie chicken patties , veggie burgers, veggie hotdogs ,plus all the Veggie deli meats as pepperoni , ham , bologna ..etc all NON meat

Pasta dishes with cooked Veggies , Pesto , or Beans are great

Look in the frozen section for Amy's foods ( many are vegetarian) already prepared

I also adore curry foods ..look for Indian recipes

Add more fruit to your diet , Pineapple and strawberries are low calorie as well as oranges, tangerines , peaches, plums

The easiest way is to think of what you like eating and then just substitute .. begin to experiment more..it gets easier as time goes by ..


Some sites for great recipes are:

http://vegweb.com/

http://www.vegetariansrecipes.org/

http://www.vegan-food.net/



Vegan Forever




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment