Saturday, July 6, 2013

Help! What is your favorite vegetarian dinner? We recently converted and need ideas!!!?

worthington vegetarian burger meatloaf recipes
 on Turkey Veggie Meatloaf Cups Recipe - Allrecipes.com
worthington vegetarian burger meatloaf recipes image



The Grand





Answer
I was raised vegetarian and love the worthington and Loma Linda foods. You can find them in most stores in a section by themself. I asked a manager of a major grocery store one time, showed him a couple labels and they stocked it for me.

The canned fake chicken has a taste and texture of it's own but is really delicious in my opinion. You can do countless things with the vegeburger. I have fooled non vegetarians with vegeburger making a meatloaf and they loved it. I told them what it was after they took a couple bites and told me it was great, they did not believe they were NOT eating real meat!
One of my favorite all time for lunch is sliced nuteena (canned Loma Linda foods) and mayo with or without tomatoe maybe a sprinkle of salt if you like. One really special treat for me is the loma linda (made in loma linda, CA) is the OHHHH Tender bits. Here is one way I love to prepare and any non vegearian I served to ( three of them at different times) that has tried them loves them!!
RECIPE #1
1. With a fork, dip a tender bit from the can one at a time, into bowl of seasoned approx 1 cup of flour, or use a zip lock and shake it like shake n bake. (I eat these cold too, a couple while I am cooking them before I put the flour on)
2. Place floured tender bit into hot cooking grease on medium heat, olive oil preferred but whatever you use.
3. Turn when golden brown. Usually cook on three sides to avoid flour being dry. It will just start to go crispy.
4. serve hot.
MMM

RECIPE #2 (lunch)
you can do this with no dishes, just a fork or knife to spread the mayo.

Ingredients: Bread, Nuteena (good alone too!!) This 'meat' has a nice peanut taste.
1. open can of Loma Linda nuteena on both ends. You may have done this trick with dog food or cold cranbery sauce, if not you gotta try it. push the food through by pushing into the can with both lids cut but not removed, a little ways out one end. Carefully remove the lid that you pushed out and use the lid to slice off pieces and place on mayo'ed bread. That is the best way to remove all the meat in one piece.
Or. You can open one end, use a knife to cut a slice out at a time from the can by slicing at a slight angle with the first slice thicker on one end and it comes out sorta oblong.

3. The frozen garden burgers are wonderful for breakfast lunch or dinner if you fry them in hot butter, or olive oil or choice of frying substance, and while hot, place on mayo'ed toasted or not bread. I like mine with a slice of tomatoe.

This is making me hungry!

I eat a lot of baked potatoes alone with all the toppings for a snack.

I love being a vegetarian, the cost is a litlte high on the canned foods, as you will see in the website below, but I believe it is worth every cent when it comes to eating healthy and especially if you enjoy the flavors. Try one of ecah and go back and get your favorites each time.

A suggestion without intent to offend anyone: Drop into a Seventh Day Adventist Church on a Saturday just about noon, as they are coming out, by nature they all hang out and talk and visit for a few minutes before they go off to eat lunch, or leave a note on the door for one to call you, and ask them for some recipes. They are vegetarians and have all the ideas!! Guaranteed, and some super nice people to boot! I guarantee these are the most non-judging Christian people and care unconditionally about everyone. --Do not fear they are like family even if they do not know you and they will not try to trap you into joining like somme churches I have seen, they will only offer a nice invite if anything!! Lovely people. Any city, guaranteed! Or you can try it on your own, just a suggestion on the Church and I do not wish to offend anyone. I back these suggestions with my heart. Please use them if you wish.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment