Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Vegans: Do you ever crave for foods that you have blocked from your diet?

vegan meatloaf recipes best
 on Best Ever Vegan Mini Meatloaf
vegan meatloaf recipes best image



� LAUR3N


You know, like the usual craving for something that you haven't had in a while, or when you see something really tasty at the store or in an ad and you look at it and it looks really good..?
Examples:
Ice cream, cake, candy, chips, any canned or boxed foods, meat...

*From someone who craves everything.
If so, how do you work your way through the craving?



Answer
Let's see,if I want ice cream,I eat soy or rice ice cream. Candy,I hate,but there's so many kinds of vegan candies. Goto-http://veganessentials.com/ or https://www.veganstore.com/index.html?action=myaccount if you want to order things or just go to your local health food store. READ LABELS EVEN IN A HEALTH FOOD STORE!! Chocolate I eat whenever I want,just the dark chocolate kinds,there's so many types and flavors of vegan chocolates to try. Chips,If I really want it I eat it. Chips are only not vegan if cooked in animal fats or coated in cheese or sour cream. Boxed foods are disgusting,I only like to eat healthy foods.For these,once again check out the websites I gave you or hit your health food stores. Meat,is even more disgusting. If I ever want something with a meaty texture then I just make some seitan.Also,I will sometimes eat tempeh,or tofu. If you really "need" something even more meat like try vegan sausages,burgers or "hot dogs". Cheese,I either use nutritional yeast or soy,nut or rice cheeses.
The only things I may crave are dishes from my childhood. If I feel sad or homesick and I want something homey,I may make something like vegan stuffed peppers or mashed potatoes with really great side dishes.Those are both things my mom would make,only the mashed potatoes dish was usually with chicken. I've learned to make everything my mom would make when I was growing up,but vegan style. Even meatloaf,or spaghetti and "meat" balls.
There's no reason to have an unfulfilled craving as a vegan. I think I have a recipe for everything including vegan marshmallows for S'mores.
Here's some great cookbooks that have a lot of those great "childhood" recipes but veganized. They are all by Sarah Kramer and only some call for vegan substitute foods-"How it all Vegan", In the Garden of Vegan" and "La Dolce Vegan". They're lots of fun. Give them a go. Have fun with your diet and be creative.

Does anyone have the recipe from Omega Institute for their vegetarian meatloaf? It is outstanding. thanks?




cmasvt


I was there recently and this dish was outstanding. Also they offered a vegan gravy to go with it. That recipe would be appreciated as well.


Answer
Try this site:

http://vegweb.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=8e29a428a66dda3115f2380e952130e8&action=search2




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment