Monday, July 1, 2013

Does anyone know a really good vegetarian meatloaf recipe?

vegetarian meatloaf sauce recipe
 on Vegetarian Meatloaf | Best Meatloaf Recipes
vegetarian meatloaf sauce recipe image



sfc<3


i want to make one but i cant find a recipe that looks good... i don't want anything that looks unappetizing.


Answer
If you have ever worked with Textured Vegetable Protein (TVP), you can use this as a substitute in any ground beef recipes, or you can use the fake meat crumbles from morningstar or Boca. I prefer TVP because it's just straight up vegetable protein and not "fake meat" and it's all natural, has a really great texture, it's easy to use and it's really cheap. The only thing is that you have to get it at a natural food store. If you live by a Whole Foods, you can get it in bulk. It comes dry and you just boil some water and watever other flavors you want (spices, soy sauce, etc) then throw in the TVP and simmer it on low until it's absorbed all the water.

I'm in the process of writing a cookbook right now that has tons of TVP recipes!

Have you ever been to a vegetarian potluck?




Daughter o


Did you just love it? Was it at an SDA church?

Yes, I've been to an Adventist potluck and they are almost always with very very few exception vegetarian! SDA ladies know how to cook really good! Yes, I love vegetarian potlucks! Although I am not a vegetarian, I sure love vegetarian potlucks over the ones that serve meat!



Answer
I am an SDA also and have enjoyed / cooked for many vegetarian potlucks. Unlike traditional potlucks and family reunions where fried chicken, sloppy joes and meatloaf are the staples. I know there are many veggie cooks that use meat substitutes but I don't recall seeing many at our potlucks. However, the one exception is Special K loaf with carmelized onion gravy - yum yum.

One of the ladies makes the absolute best stuffed shells with tofu, fresh chopped spinach and homemade tomato sauce. Most of the ladies at my church are excellent cooks and I always look forward to the next potluck. It also gives me an excuse to try new recipes.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment