Sunday, August 11, 2013

Cookbooks for beginners and/or college students?

vegetarian meatloaf recipe best
 on Vegetarian Meatloaf | Best Meatloaf Recipes
vegetarian meatloaf recipe best image



Bookworm


My brother intends to move out of his dorm and into an apartment. He's never really cooked before (stuck with the microwave and toaster.) I see a variety of beginner/college student cookbooks, but I was wondering if people had suggestions.

He's not vegetarian/vegan and he doesn't have any dietary needs/allergies at this time. (Maybe he will depending on his roommates, but that's not set yet.)

What do you suggest?



Answer
There are some really good "3 ingredient" and "4 ingredient" cookbooks for sale (I think I saw the 4 ingredient one at Costco)

These are a great starting point & not very intimidating. And, of course, you can totally spice things up to taste!

(I'm not much of a cook either! LOL - please check out my meatloaf recipe question!)

Does anyone have any ideas of what I could bring to lunch?

Q. I'm going to a public school from a Catholic school, and there is a student at this school who has a severe peanut allergy. Normally I would just say, "Screw other people's needs," but no nuts are allowed in the building at all. So my problem is, what will I bring for lunch? I'm a vegetarian, and, of course, I'm not really comfortable with being un-vegetarian, so if they are serving meat in the cafeteria, what can I bring besides salad that will fill me up?


Answer
Are you looking for easy recipes that you can make fast and bring to that lunch? There are so many options. Why don't you start looking at these healthy sandwiches - all without peanuts. I am eating these almost daily in summer, like a whole wheat bread with mustard greens, hummus, and tomatoes or a sandwich wrap with veggies, sesame seeds, and ginger:

http://www.belsandia.com/healthy-lunch.html

I also have plenty of vegetarian full meal recipes that you can prepare. If someone in your home cooks for you, have them make plenty of one recipe and freeze it, so you can take a portion with you every other day or so:http://www.belsandia.com/healthy-meals.html

Why don't you try the vegetarian meatloaf recipe, then bring it to school and have other kids try it too. Wouldn't it be fun if they like it and won't even notice that it is meat-free? Maybe you can win over some like-minded eaters this way:

http://www.belsandia.com/vegetarian-meatloaf.html




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment