Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Vegans - I am looking for RECIPES for your most popular main dish with non-vegitarians.?

vegan meatloaf recipe whole foods
 on Vegan Quinoa Meatloaf | Queen City Vegan
vegan meatloaf recipe whole foods image



Smart Kat


In other words, what vegan main course or meal would you serve to a guest who isn't used to vegitarian food?

Recipes or name of dish please (so I can look up the recipe)

I specify vegan because I don't want to use dairy, but I am not opposed to a little egg (for you vegetarians reading this question.)



Answer
My mother loves this recipe for mock meatloaf:
http://www.vegcooking.com/recipeshow.asp?RequestID=149&Search=meatloaf

I steam some broccoli and make a baked or mashed sweet potato and it is a delicious comfort-food meal.

My dad loves this recipe for soup:
http://www.vegcooking.com/recipeshow.asp?RequestID=1328&Search=black+bean

I can serve it as a starter or a whole meal. It can be paired with fajitas, tacos, enchiladas, etc. (all which can be made vegan!). I love the recipe because it gives a certain amount of spice to it, but you can go wild and make it super hot (which is what I like to do).

I made this cheesecake for Thanksgiving. No one could tell it was vegan:
http://www.vegcooking.com/recipeshow.asp?RequestID=481

Here's a recipe for vegan gyros:
http://www.recipezaar.com/recipes.php?s_type=%2Frecipes.php&q=vegan+gyro&Search=Search&Searcht=Search
I am still on the fence about the cucumber sauce recipe, but it's quite good. If you're not opposed to a little dairy, you might want to buy the sauce from a store.

Those are the ones that recv'd rave reviews from some omnis in my life.
Good luck!

Do you have any vegan weight watcher recipes?




Becky S


i wanna know the points


Answer
I don't know about recipies necessarilly, but the smartlife sausage tubes are really low in points. My boyfriend used a tube of that and a tube of the smartlife ground beef along with a block of vegan cheddar cheese (the brand name escapes me right now, but they sell it at whole foods) and some ketchup to make a pan of vegan meatloaf that was 15 points for the entire thing.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment