Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Do you have a recipe for homemade meatloaf?

vegetarian meatloaf recipe best
 on Vegetarian Mushroom-Walnut Meatloaf Recipe - Allrecipes.com
vegetarian meatloaf recipe best image



Roxas of O


I want to try different varieties of meatloaf, but something of the originality. I don't want anything that is too spicy (and I know some people like to put some hot spices into foods). Any kinds of recipe's for meatloaf is okay, but please make it easy and simple.


Answer
First of all, I'm a vegetarian. Okay, I eat fish, but so what! If I were to start eating meat again (which, after 15 years, is unlikely), there are two places I'd start: a Monte Cristo sandwich (frikkin divine--with mango chutney or honey!) and the meatloaf my mom used to make.

Actually, it was late in entering our family meal repertoire, and it was courtesy of the soup mix from Lipton.

I'm sure the Alton Brown recipe is fantastic. Haven't tried it, as Alton was probably still trying to be a cameraman when I last ate meat, but if you want to try the Lipton one (which looks dang easy), check the link below. I'm including a second link, which, according to a person who lost the Lipton recipe, is the first one he/she's liked since. Good luck.

Oh yeah, and stop eating that wicked meat. Unless you REALLY like it.

What Vegetarian Meat substitutes actually taste like meat?




Adrianna C


My girlfriend is trying to eat less meat and I found a recipie for vegetarian lasagna, but it calls for meat substitute. Does this actually taste like meat?


Answer
Umm no, she does mean girlfriend. I don't know if you've heard, but some girls like girls. =P

I've never found a meat substitute that tasted exactly like meat, but I have had some that are so good that you don't miss the meat. I crumble tempeh into my vegan chili and it provides the meaty texture and comes out delicious. I fill lasagna with mushrooms and eggplant. I maake meatloaf with a blend of blak beans, lentils, and rye. I've heard that seitan also works very well in meat-centered recipes, such as vegan cheese steaks. I've never tried it because I am sensitive to gluten, but I've heard it's very good and meaty.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment