Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Have you ever been to a vegetarian potluck?

vegetarian meatloaf gravy recipe
 on Meatloaf With Green Chile-Tomato Gravy Recipe | MyRecipes.com
vegetarian meatloaf gravy recipe image



Daughter o


Did you just love it? Was it at an SDA church?

Yes, I've been to an Adventist potluck and they are almost always with very very few exception vegetarian! SDA ladies know how to cook really good! Yes, I love vegetarian potlucks! Although I am not a vegetarian, I sure love vegetarian potlucks over the ones that serve meat!



Answer
I am an SDA also and have enjoyed / cooked for many vegetarian potlucks. Unlike traditional potlucks and family reunions where fried chicken, sloppy joes and meatloaf are the staples. I know there are many veggie cooks that use meat substitutes but I don't recall seeing many at our potlucks. However, the one exception is Special K loaf with carmelized onion gravy - yum yum.

One of the ladies makes the absolute best stuffed shells with tofu, fresh chopped spinach and homemade tomato sauce. Most of the ladies at my church are excellent cooks and I always look forward to the next potluck. It also gives me an excuse to try new recipes.

Does anyone have the recipe from Omega Institute for their vegetarian meatloaf? It is outstanding. thanks?




cmasvt


I was there recently and this dish was outstanding. Also they offered a vegan gravy to go with it. That recipe would be appreciated as well.


Answer
Try this site:

http://vegweb.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=8e29a428a66dda3115f2380e952130e8&action=search2




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment